Not finding the time to post on the blog has been weighing on my shoulders for the past 4 weeks.
But some have helped me put my guilt in perspective: everybody has the right to a summer break and with all the travels, music festival, weddings and heat waves that have filled my time these past few weeks, I guess this is what I’ve been doing: Summer holidaying and recharging my batteries.
I hope I haven’t taken too much advantage of your patience and I sincerely thank you for bearing with me. You won’t be disappointed with the great summer recipes I have in store for you, starting with this fruity Caprese salad.
When I’m busy like a bee, whether it be with work or juggling social events, running left and right leaves me little time to cook. And with the thermometer running high there is no way the stove top gets switched on, let alone the oven.
In these rare days of the year my body craves fresh, raw and juicy ingredients to re-hydrate itself.
Matching sweet nectarines with tomatoes and basil may sound a bit odd, but to me this salad is the ultimate summer combination. Using the finest ingredients, every bite is a sweet and tangy mouthful of sunshine, perfect to cool down on a warm summer evening.
- 1 Nectarine
- 2 small tomatoes (about 150g)
- 1/2 Buffalo Mozzarella ball
- a few Basil leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Crusty bread
- Cut the tomatoes and nectarine into slices or chunk, whatever you fancy, and put on a plate
- Drain the mozzarella and tear roughly into pieces over the tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and dress with the olive oil and vinegar.
- Sprinkle the basil right before digging in and serve with a crusty slice of bread if you're feeling a bit hungry.