For once, I’m sharing something where the meat is the main focus! A juicy, pan-fried until golden, chicken leg that is.
I urge you to get good quality chicken for maximum flavour. This dish will only be as good as the quality of your protein and a trip to the butcher is well worth it, believe me.
– Step 1 and 2 –
– Step 4 –
One of the best things about this recipe – it’s all made in one pan! Easy prep and little wash up, everything I love. This dinner is served in no time.
So why not give your meal some Spanish love with a little bit of paprika, some red peppers and olives before serving it with white rice. You won’t regret it.
- Olive oil
- 1 Skinless Chicken leg
- 2 Vine Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp Thyme, dry
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 6-8 Stuffed olives
- 50ml (2-3 tbsp) Water
- Heat some oil in a frying pan. Season the chicken leg with salt and pepper, then brown in the hot oil for 2-3 mins each side.
- Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes and slice the onion and pepper. Add to the pan, with the squashed garlic clove, once the chicken has some colour on both sides, and rest the leg on top of the vegetable.
- Turn down to a medium heat, cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the spices, the olives, the water and season with salt and pepper. Give it a good stir and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Cover and cook for a further 5-10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Check the seasoning and serve with some fluffy rice.