When I’m slightly intoxicated, following a jolly happy hour with coworkers for example, I tend to pay little to no attention to my fat intake. This is made very clear in my choice of food following such occasions, like the recipe I’m sharing with you today.
Inebriety is, of course, not the only state you should be in when making these prawn rolls, but it is the perfect recipe for it. Not only is it easy to whisk up with reduced faculties, requiring little prepping and cooking, but your muted conscience won’t deny you the extra cheekiness you are craving. A little bit more fat won’t hurt you once in a while.
Mayonnaise and butter should not be used with a light hand here. And, it is definitely best served with a large side of your favorite crisps, or chips, or however you want to call it ;). They are made of potatoes, right? So that’s our veggie portion sorted, thank you drunk consciousness.
These warm buttered buns, filled with crunchy lettuce and radishes, are topped with delicate prawns mixed with smooth lemony mayonnaise. Such a delightful combination, and perfect to soak up some of the excess alcohol.
Only one *Golden rule*: Do not skimp on the butter – it’s the secret ingredient of this simple sandwich.
So next time you’ve had one too many, don’t eat anything you might regret, like that juicy kebab the size of a small baby from the shop next door. You should know what you’re eating and where it came from.
Go home and try this recipe, you won’t be sorry.
- 2 soft Hot Dog Buns, sliced on top
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 120g cooked Prawns (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Chives, finely chopped
- 1 squeeze Lemon juice
- a few Radish, thinly sliced
- a small handful Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Generously butter the buns on both sides and grill each side for a few minutes, until golden brown.
- In the meantime, mix the prawns, mayonnaise, chopped chives and lemon juice. Season.
- Once toasted, carefully open the buttery buns and fill with a small handful of lettuce and a few slices of radishes. Top each bun with half the prawn mixture, pressing it down if necessary to fill them in.
- Serve with a large side of salty crisps and enjoy right away.